Sleep apnea is a serious, sometimes fatal medical disorder that affects around 10% of American men over the age of 40, and 6% of American women of the same age. Sleep apnea sufferers completely stop breathing during sleep, sometimes hundreds of times in a single night. Normal breathing ceases because the airway becomes obstructed, causing a serious reduction of airflow to the lungs.
There are a number of dental devices that can be used to alleviate this condition. The goal of most of these devices is to separate the jaws and push them forward slightly. This slight repositioning opens up the airway, and allows oxygen to flow freely again. Wearers of sleep apnea dental devices report that they stop loud snoring, feel more rested in the daytime, and are much more comfortable going to sleep. Sleep apnea appliances work best on patients who are not significantly overweight. They offer a viable alternative to Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP).
The Panthera D-SAD is a dental appliance that can be used for the treatment of snoring and/or obstructive sleep apnea.
The Panthera D-SAD is recommended to be prescribed for the treatment of snoring, mild to moderate sleep apnea, and severe sleep apnea for patients who do not tolerate the CPAP treatment or comply with it.
The Panthera D-SAD is the smallest device in the industry and it is the only one that is entirely printed using CAD/CAM technology.
The Panthera is made from a biocompatible plastic material. Highly resistant to wear and flexible, it also resists temperature changes.
Used as a Mandibular Repositioner for treatment of Snoring and Sleep Apnea. Its delicate design makes it popular amongst patients due to the fact that it is the smallest MRD on the market.
- The unique titration mechanism of the Panthera D-SAD uses rods made of the same biocompatible polymer as the device
- The length of the rods can vary from 21 to 35 mm and can be adjusted in 0.5-mm increments for a highly accurate and customized advancement
- Those rods are designed to resist to bruxism and they will never elongate
- Moreover, they will not disengage during sleep thanks to the unique way they connect to the device
- It has two splints and a retaining system
- The upper and lower splints are adapted for the upper and lower teeth
- The retaining system has the shape of a triangle and includes rods used to move the lower jaw forward by pulling it towards the front
Brush gently with soft toothbrush and anti-bacterial soap. Use nonalcohol denture cleaner for 15 minutes. Rinse, air dry and store in the case provided.
If you have questions or concerns about sleep apnea appliances, please ask your dentist.